On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Benjamin Caplan wrote:
> Kerim Aydin wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Aaron Goldfein wrote:
>>>>
>>> Welcome to Agora. Is there any nickname you would like to use?
>>
>> Er, not knowing what one is wishing and not using the term for
>> become a player etc (let alone registration) crosses the line
>> to not expressing intent to register to me.
>>
>> I mean, "join" could mean watcher, mailing list, or anything.
>
> "Expressing intent to register" isn't actually in the Rules (yet. I've a
> proposal up to that effect -- perhaps that's what you were thinking of?)

But it is in the precedents that communicating an attempt to perform
an action that makes onself into a player should be sufficient (e.g.
by the synonyms clause of R754). CFJ 1263 is the first and there are
several others that followed.

The question is, does "join" in this context count?  "I'd like to join
the watcher list" is another way join is used for example.

-G.