Kerim Aydin wrote:
> 1.  Cards are dealt from an infinite deck (with set probabilities) and
> destroyed when played.  Reason:  the reason cards broke so often in the
> past version was because with a finite deck, everyone's play stopped
> every time there was controversy about where even a single card was
> (e.g. you wouldn't play poker if you knew the Ace of Spades was on the
> floor).

It might be nice to have a discard pile for Cards to interact with. A
complete history wouldn't be necessary; a three- or five-card buffer
should be plenty. Ambiguities get stomped by cards being played on top
of them, in addition to simple ratification.

Actually, having read the rest of the proto, Discard Picking sidesteps
this very neatly. Never mind.

> 2.  Play Speed/salary:  Get 3 cards per month minimum salary
>                         + 1 per week (weekly office)
>                         + 1 per month (monthly office)
>                         + one per week if a timely Judge
>                         + 1 * II per adopted proposal
>
> 3.  Encourage play:  1 card per month destroyed at random from each hand.
>                      Further, if hand > N at end of month (suggest 10),
>                      another hand-N cards destroyed at random.

The 1 card auto-discard seems like it would discourage long-term
strategy. Decrease the hand limit to 7, make the surplus-discard by
announcement rather than monthly, and increase the salaries:
  Get 3 cards per week minimum salary
  + 2 per week (weekly office)
  + 2 per month (monthly office)
  + one per case if a timely Judge
  + 2 * II per adopted proposal

> (Frequency) is relative frequency of cards dealt out of 1000
Punctuation is a good thing

> action as on a single BASIC ACTION card e names when doin so.
So is spellin.

>  * Absolv-o-Matic  - Remove a Rest from a Player.         (150)
Perhaps there should be a (rare) card to create a rest. Absolv-o-Matic
125, Impugnment 25?

> BASIC ACTION CARDS (525)
>  * Distrib-u-Matic - Make a Proposal distributable.       (300)
>  * Absolv-o-Matic  - Remove a Rest from a Player.         (150)
>  * Roll Call       - Increase player's Vote Power on      (75)
>
> PROPOSAL CARDS (225)
>  * Debate-o-Matic  - Make a Proposal Democratic.          (75)
>  * Committee       - Make a Proposal Undistributable.     (50)
>  * Arm-twist       - Decrease player's Vote Power on one
>                      indicated Ordinary Proposal.         (50)
>  * On the Nod      - Rubberstamp a Proposal.              (25)
>  * Kill Bill       - Veto a Proposal.                     (25)
>
> LONGER-TERM POWER CARDS (125)
>  * Lobbyist        - (75)
>  * Local Election  - (50)
>  * No Confidence   - (25)

> CARD CARDS (100)
>        * Title:     Your Turn       (30)
>        * Title:     Discard Picking  (30)
>        * Title:     Drop your Weapon (20)
>        * Title:     Presto!  (10)
>        * Not Your Turn (10):

This probability distribution feels wrong to me, especially with:
> A player can spend two cards of any type to perform the same
> action as on a single BASIC ACTION card e names when doing so.

At a basic salary of 3 cards per month, there's little chance of card
cards procedurally jousting with each other. I think it would be better
to remove the basic action cards from the deck entirely and use the
spend-two mechanic exclusively. Perhaps reduce it to spend-one? Or tie
each basic action to a category -- spend a proposal card to
Distrib-u-Matic, a power card to Absolv-o-Matic, or a card card to Roll
Call.

At any rate, card cards should be at least as common as proposal cards.