Kerim Aydin wrote:
> Result: strategy, more cards can be defined with probabilities a mix of
> choice and random.
>
> What do you think, worth the complication with it getting as cross-matrixed
> as notes but associated with specialties?  A better way to do committees?
> Yes/no/maybe?

Interesting. I like the idea; I would vote for it, over your previous
proto even.

I wonder if this can be taken even farther, to the point of MtG-style
deckbuilding. The three main issues with that, I think, would be (1)
much complexity for new players in relation to basic things like voting;
(2) keeping track of individual cards, as you noted earlier was a
problem last time; and (3) balancing card powers in the face of greater
individual control over their frequency.

(2) should actually be fairly easy to deal with; just have per-deck
probabilities. (3)... maybe cards can be coerced into a few discrete
rarities (common, uncommon, rare) with each rarity having a maximum
per-card (and/or total per-rarity) probability in any given deck. (Like
the MtG rule about four copies of a card in a deck, or one copy for
certain "restricted" cards.)

(1) may be intractable.