2009/6/14 Benjamin Caplan <celestialcognit...@gmail.com>:
> Gratuitous: contracts, including pledges, generally don't require public
> messages. It's possible to make a pledge to a-d, or by private email. If
> G.'s intent was to make a pledge immediately, then that's probably what
> happened.
>
> Or does that not work anymore now that pledges are always public contracts?

A contract cannot become a public contract unless its text and list of
parties are simultaneously published. Whether it can start out as a
public contract is debatable.

I agree to the following: {This is a public contract and a pledge
known as ä, which terminates 24 hours from the time of its
publication. Anyone can act on my behalf to CFJ on the following
statement: "Within the past 24 hours, Warrigal created a pledge known
as ä."}

--Warrigal