Roger Hicks wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 15:41, Taral<tar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Roger Hicks<pidge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> No. When a win by points occurs it schedules an event one week in the
>>> future. When it comes time for that event the game checks if a skunk
>>> has been declared in the past week. If not the reset occurs, otherwise
>>> it does not.
>>
>> Except that skunks CANNOT be declared outside a window.
>>
> True, but I don't see how that ties a specific skunk to a specific
> reset. I could honestly see this being interpreted either way, but in
> my estimation one skunk canceling all pending resets seems to make the
> most sense based on the wording of the rule. I'm happy to abide by
> whatever decision a judge makes on the issue, but unless a CFJ is
> called I intend to interpret it this way.

If either interpretation is supported by the rules, SHOULDn't you choose
the interpretation that best fits game custom, common sense, past
judgements, and consideration of the best interests of the game? It
seems to me that one-skunk-per-reset is a better match at least for
common sense and best interest.