Sean Hunt wrote:
> Benjamin Caplan wrote:
>> Sean Hunt wrote:
>>> My specific complaints are as follows:
>>>
>>>     - The IBA does not have a functioning offer system as it cannot
>>>       platonically act on behalf of a player.
>>>     - The Rates of assets have not been kept updated.
>>>     - The President has not recently published a report.
>>
>> The IBA is mostly inactive. If no one puts in an IBA-proposal to fix the
>> first two of these by the time judgement is delivered, then terminating
>> the contract would be equitable.
>>
>> Pavitra
> I disagree. The first is not fatal to the contract. The zm exchange
> mechanism, while diminished in usefulness without an offer system, is
> still useful. I would have used it today with my AAA crops were it not
> for the fact that a report had not been published.

My reasoning is that if no party even attempts a fix, then that would
indicate that no one cares about the contract enough to bother with it.
Your earlier-today desire to use it notwithstanding, I still hold by
that line of reasoning. Sure, a working bank would be nice; but any one
of us may or may not want it *strongly enough* to actually do anything
about it.