On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Geoffrey Spear wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>> ? If Taral's eligible, wouldn't you and I be too Murphy ?  -G.
>
> Taral's not eligible (was previously a player from 3 Apr 00 to 13 Dec
> 06). Not that I'm likely to have a No Confidence card fast enough to
> fulfill my pledge to try to become Registrar again, but consider this
> a campaign speech anyway.

That's not the way the rule reads:
                                         When a first-class person
           has been a player continuously for at least three months,
           was never a player before that period, and names another
           player as eir mentor (and has not named a mentor in this
           fashion before), the named player earns a White Ribbon.

This seems to grandfather in everyone who was a player before the
rule came to have this form.

-G.