On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Ed Murphy wrote:
>>> Proto:  Replace R1367's "Each player's voting limit [etc.]" with
>>>
>>>       - The decision is ordinary.  Each player's base voting limit
>>>         on the decision is thrice what it would have been on a
>>>         decision initiated at the same time on whether to adopt the
>>>         thesis as a proposal, plus five for each degree the voter
>>>         held at that time (the high limit is [etc.]).
>>
>> Breaks it again.  The original breakage was because ordinary voting
>> limits aren't defined without reference to color anymore.  There's
>> defined green, red, and purple limits, but no defined limit on an
>> [no color specified] ordinary decision which the above proto references.
>
> Rule 2156 specifies that all ordinary decisions are either Green, Red,
> or Purple, but its default clause assumes that there's a proposal
> involved.

But what color is the hypothetical proposal used to determine what a
player's base VL "would have been"?   R2156 defers base VL-per-player
to Rule 2279, which defines base VL for red, green, and purple, but not
for a proposal in general (of unspecified color).  I argued for default
color green in my CFJ but that is not at all clear.  -G.