On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Yes, I'll admit to be purposefully vague on publishing translation
> technology details (not required to be tracked!) versus content to
> question how far the very long tradition of relying on text-only should
> be pushed.

More gratuitous: Compare Rule 2291:

      A Fragment SHOULD be a short
      (possibly as small as a sentence) body of text intended to
      become a portion of a Rule.

with Rule 106:

      When creating proposals, the person who creates them SHOULD
      ensure that the proposal outlines[...]
      A player CAN create a proposal by publishing ("submitting") a
      body of text[...]

or Rule 2141:

      A rule's content
      takes the form of a text, and is unlimited in scope.

In each of the latter cases, the entity is explicitly required to be
text, and in Rule 106, there is then a SHOULD regarding its content;
Rule 2291, however, only mentions text within the SHOULD.