On 27/08/10 04:35, Kerim Aydin wrote:
The more I think of it, the more surprised I am that I can't remember
anyone trying this scam.  We've had plenty of attempted hardcodings of
players into rules/proposals (e.g. "G. can amend this rule") or "comex
is hereby awarded X") but I can't remember anyone trying to change
their name to intercept the rule in progress (or avoid it if it's a
proposal-based punishment/reset).

I think I remember something similar.  I certainly wrote a judgement that defeated such
an attempt.  I used the "Alice Through the Looking Glass" argument that being
called something, and having something as a name are not necessarily the same thing.  The
language in the ruleset may not allow that argument any more of course.

Michael