coppro wrote:

> On 08/28/2010 02:47 AM, Sean Hunt wrote:
>> On 08/27/2010 06:05 PM, Ed Murphy wrote:
>>> Detail: http://zenith.homelinux.net/cotc/viewcase.php?cfj=2844
>>>
>>> =================== CFJ 2844 (Interest Index = 0) ====================
>>>
>>> I have CFJed on this exact statement, except with 'United' and
>>> 'City' exchanged.
>>>
>>> ========================================================================
>>> =================== CFJ 2845 (Interest Index = 0) ====================
>>>
>>> I have CFJed on this exact statement, except with 'City' and
>>> 'United' exchanged.
>>>
>>> ========================================================================
>>
>> I honestly cannot bother to get a free capacitor out of these two cases,
>> they are so straightforward - there is no reason to even vary a bit from
>> established precedent.
>>
>> I judge FALSE and TRUE respectively. I stand up.
>>
>> -coppro
>
> TTttPF.

For each of these cases, I submit the following gratuitous arguments
(and apologize for not having included them up front), and intend
(with 2 support) to appeal its judgement, recommending REMAND without
prejudice:

http://www.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-discussion/2010-August/032300.html

http://www.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-discussion/2010-August/032306.html

ais523 wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 19:41 -0400, omd wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>> > I'm not sure how the "received by" agoranomic date can be before you sent
>> > it,
>> > unless someone has their clock wrong.  That agoranomic date is consistent
>> > with the time my server received it a few mins later and the time I saw it
>> > a few minutes after that.  -G.
>>
>> It matches when e began the message (in the SMTP session) not when e
>> finished it.
>
> You can start sending the email, but stop halfway through, and later on,
> finish sending the email (and you don't need to have specified all the
> content of the email by this point). For some reason, the timestamp
> given is the timestamp when you started sending, even though you might
> have decided what to put in the email some time later than that.

See also CFJ 2496.