omd wrote:

>>> TRUE. Not being permitted to perform something is different than being
>>> forbidden from performing it. The rule thus means "a player CAN do this
>>> unless some other rule says he can't". It is, thus, a manner of subtly
>>> deferring to any rule, including one of lower power.
>
> I intend to appeal this with two support.  Making a proposal
> undistributable modifies information for which some player is required
> to be a recordkeepor, so R2125 forbids me from doing it except as
> allowed by the rules.
>
> Evidence:
>
>       e) It would, as part of its effect, modify information for which
>          some player is required to be a recordkeepor.  Such an action
>          CANNOT modify that information except as allowed by the
>          rules.

Gratuitous:  R2125 and R2283 together can be interpreted as either
generally allowing fee-based actions (R2125's "except as allowed by the
rules" is triggered by R2283 and R2283's "not otherwise forbidden" is
satisfied by R2125) or prohibiting them.  Both of these are circularly
consistent, thus common sense etc. favors the former over the latter.