On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Charles Walker
<charles.w.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>      The author of a proposal CAN amend it within four days of its
>      initial publication or most recent amendment by announcement,
>      specifying any changes to its title, text and adoption index.

In theory, this would allow people to continue amending a proposal
until it's adopted (thereby becoming an instrument and thus not
mutable by mortals). In practice, a proposal might occasionally be
amendable early in its voting period (and if a proposal were amended
in its voting period, I would certainly vote against it).

—Tanner J. Swett