On Sun, 17 Apr 2011, Quazie wrote:
> The last card game had open hands and worked well I think.  I like the idea
> of random assets that you gain sparsely that have the power to do various
> things.

Hmm, counts of that:

1.  The one you enjoyed worked as long as an officer was willing to keep
it going (hard work) but we still had to tolerate a lot of lapses and it
died when the officer and others got tired of said lapses;

2.  The one after that in 2009 was botched for a variety of reasons;

3.  The thing the botched one evolved into was a bit too static to be a
"card" game and evolved into positions;

4.  The one before the one you remember was a Contest that worked ok for
a couple rounds but wouldn't scale to the whole game, in that it did
have both secretness and randomness to work but therefore required a
contestmaster.  It was fun, tho.

   -G.