G. wrote:

> On a previous case, I remember finding that it was possible that due
> to such consideration, the punishment would "stop working" in some
> sense.  I think it was finding that some Rests could be expunged and
> some couldn't.

CFJs 2709-10 and 2712-14 (I came across the latter while researching
that clause).  The situation was:

  * Wooble, scshunt, and some others were members of a contract that
    violated some obligation.

  * 2709-10 dinged Wooble and scshunt directly.

  * 2712-14 found that dinging the contract, which normally would
    instead ding each member, would only ding the other members;
    Wooble and scshunt would be immune due to 2709-10 and double
    jeopardy.