On 12 December 2011 07:46, Alex Smith <ais...@bham.ac.uk> wrote:

> I intend, without objection, to transfer rule 2166 from the Lost and
> Found department to myself.
>
> (This works because rules fulfil the definition of assets; they exist
> only because they're rules-defined (their backing document is rule 2141,
> incidentally). They can't be destroyed by announcement even if you own
> them due to higher-powered rules saying so; but I see no reason why they
> can't be transferred, because rule ownership isn't a substantive aspect
> of a rule.)
>
> --
> ais523

Hmm... good idea!

I would like to make a proposal with the title "MICROSTATES":

{
Alter the text of rule 2125 to replace the text:

"Persons SHOULD NOT break the rules" with "Persons SHOULD NOT break any
rule owned by emself or any rule owned by The President."

Add a rule titled "Rule Ownership" with the text:
"All rules, unless explicitly stated, are owned by The President."

Alter the text of rule 1030 to add this paragraph:

"- Rules in conflict which are owned by The President takes precedence over
rules in conflict which are not owned by The President."

Add a rule with power 3, titled "A Nation Unto Ourselves" with the text:
"Players are bound to rules owned by the President, and to rules owned by
emself. All rules created before this rule are owned by The President.
"1. Any player may create a rule and immediately take ownership of it with
N-support, where N is that rule's power.
"2. Any player may amend or repeal a rule they own with N-support, where N
is that rule's power.
"3. Players may transfer ownership of rules between themselves by mutual
agreement of sender and recipient.
"4. Rules created using this rule shall have an identifier using the
following ID format: [Prefix][ID Number].
"5. The prefix is the name of the player creating the rule.
"6. The ID number is assigned by the player who created the rule. ID
numbers SHOULD be chosen such that the combination of prefix and ID number
is unique. The Rulekeepor MAY assign a new ID number to rules not created
by The President.
"7. Assigning an ID number such that two rules have the same prefix and ID
number is a class-3 crime of "Confusing the Rulekeepor"."

}

I invite comments, suggestions and corrections before sending this to the
Promotor.