On Wed, 1 Feb 2012, ais523 wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 18:11 +0000, Elliott Hird wrote:
> > On 1 February 2012 17:26, FSX <flameshadowxeros...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > CFJ: ehird committed the Class-14 Crime of Naughtiness (Rule 2356).
> >
> > Aw crap.
>
> Don't worry about it, as far as I know Crimes aren't actually defined at
> the moment, which makes them a little difficult to punish.

Not "difficult" per se, just relying on precedent and judicial discretion.

1.  Common definition of "crime" strongly implies that a crime is a rules
breach as defined and punishable by R1504 (especially given the use of the
word "criminal" and reference to "crimes" therein).

2.  Fines are pretty meaningless, but Judges can use crime values as
guidance for whether a crime is worth apology, timeouts of length N, or
exile.

-G.