Henri Bouchard wrote:

Do I need to know all the rules to play?

Okay, I half-lied, here are some useful secondary things that will
probably end up in the FAQ (mostly skipping the details of how
proposals and elections work):

Each rule has a Power (typically 1 to 3); higher Power means higher
authority (when rules contradict each other) and harder to alter.  Each
Proposal has an Adoption Index (AI, typically 1 to 3, default 1);
higher AI means higher ability to alter rules and harder to adopt.

All-caps terms pertain to what's possible (cars CANNOT fly) and legal
(drivers SHALL NOT speed); see Rule 2152.

"NttPF" = "Not to the Public Forum" = "the quoted message was
ineffective because you sent it to the wrong list" (the main public
lists redirect replies to the discussion list by default).  "TTttPF"
= "This Time to the Public Forum" = "the quoted message is now
effective because I'm sending it to the right list".

"As soon as possible" = "within a week" (5 days if the Speed is Fast,
which as of this writing it is).

Absolute days ("June 1, 2012") start at midnight UTC.  Relative days
work normally ("two days after June 1, 2012, 12:34:56 UTC" =
June 3, 2012, 12:34:56 UTC).

Switches are single-value attributes with validated values (any switch
without a valid value changes back to its default value).

How to perform an action with support:
  1) Announce that you intend to do it
  2) Someone else announces that they support it
  3) Announce that you do it (within 14 days of #1)

"Without objection" is similar (minimum 4-day wait); "with Agoran
consent" is basically "with more supporters than objectors".  See
Rules 1728 and 2124 for more.

Ratification is basically formalized "let's pretend it was this way
all along".  See Rules 1551, 2202 (without objection), and 2201
(various major documents self-ratify after a week by default).

"I endorse <name>" is basically "I vote however <name> ends up voting".

For inquiry cases (the ones with true/false statements), the judge
judges whether the statement was true/false at the time the case was
initiated.  There are also criminal cases ("<person> violated <rule>
via <action/inaction>", and you must also specify that it's a criminal
case; the judge judges guilt and punishment).  If you don't like a
judgement, you can move to have it reconsidered (once per case,
requires 2 support, sends it back to the same judge) or appealed (once
per individual judgement, requires 2 support, sends it to a
three-player review panel who may affirm or reject or send it back to
the same judge or a new judge).