On Thu, 28 Jun 2012, Ozymandias Haynes wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Elliott Hird
> <penguinoftheg...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Note that a judgement of UNDECIDABLE will not allow you to win by
> > paradox, as a turtle's paradox cannot arise from the case itself, per
> > rule 2358.
>
> Oh, you're right.  I guess I should have spent more time reading the
> rules before posting!  That clause is a really elegant way to put a
> stop to these kinds of shenanigans.

Yep!  The modern version of the win by paradox rule came into being
after a "true" paradox was created via retroactive action (i.e. a
time travel paradox) so we said, "neat, anyone who does that should
win!"  But the first version of the rule didn't have that protection,
which led to a rash of "those kind of shenanigans" in CFJs.

-G.