On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM, omd <c.ome...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This might work, although I don't see anything particularly broken
> about the current version.

I'm mainly thinking about the confused circumstances surrounding CFJ
3244. No harm was done, but I still think the current state of affairs
seems undesirable.

Also, if I remember correctly, this is Lewis Carroll's way of
resolving the liar paradox: the statement "this sentence is false"
simply doesn't mean anything. (Though I think he was actually talking
about the stone-so-heavy paradox. He said that, given that God is
omnipotent, the phrase "create a stone so heavy that He can't lift it"
is meaningless, and thus so is the statement "God can create a stone
so heavy that He can't lift it".)

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Sean Hunt <scsh...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> Principle of explosion. I'm surprised that Tanner didn't use it for a
> Paradox attempt, but hey.

Well, in my opinion, there is no valid self-contradictory
interpretation of the rules, and so it is never possible to
legitimately Win by Paradox.

—Machiavelli