On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM, John Smith <spamba...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ii. Prior to the introduction of Rule 2277, 101ii part 2 was the only reason
> that persons not currently playing Agora could appeal criminal cases against
> them; this hit me at least once and was the original motivation for Rule 2277.

Nope.  The original (2007) version of criminal cases included in Rule 1504:

       An appeal concerning any assignment of judgement in a criminal
       case within the past week, other than an assignment caused by a
       judgement in an appeal case, CAN be initiated by the defendant
       by announcement.

> In any case, the ability for non-player persons to CfJ over such issues as
> whether they are players and whether they can legally register is important
> for the nomic to function properly.

Of course, I do not propose to amend rule 591 to restrict inquiry
cases to players.  (Perhaps a better right would be the right to
register...)