On Fri, 3 Jan 2014, Alex Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-01-02 at 15:42 -0800, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> >
> > I submit the following Proposal, Mostly Simple Judging, AI-2:

> > [This isn't the absolute simplest judgement system, but it's probably
> > the simplest that allows for appeals and such.  And it is much simpler
> > than the current].
>
> I might go even further by allowing players to just judge any CFJ any
> time they felt like it, and appeals would be handled via piling on
> dissenting opinions. There wouldn't be a hard yes/no answer at the end
> of it, but Agora's judicial system doesn't actually need one.

I think the *initial* judgement should promote the attempt of a single,
somewhat neutral party who can claim to wade through the arguments and
pronounce the truth with rhadamanthine majesterial authority.  I also
like it when that's me.

But this gives me an idea for a hybrid system for the appeal.  Coming up.

-G.