On Thu, 2014-01-02 at 22:26 -0800, Kerim Aydin wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jan 2014, Alex Smith wrote:
> > (This may explain the success of
> > the Agoran Agricultural Association)
>
> Does the complex number thingie sound fun?  I had you in mind :)

It seems like a reasonable starting point (especially in the way it
allows for cooperation).

I notice a scam already in this version. In particular, you probably
don't want it to be optimal play to have to give notice for changing to
each quadrant every four days. I guess that in order to limit it
meaningfully, you'd have to make quadrant changes always happen but with
a delay, or else make them affect something other than merely the
victory condition. (Notes were interesting in that changing your Key
affected accumulation, but that mechanic was mostly unpopular because
players didn't want to have to figure out how to use it.)

I assume you're planning to eventually provide means of gaining
operators via methods other than "one per week at random"?

--
ais523