On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Proposal, AI-1, A Complex Game:

I like this, at least to try playing at least once, although I suspect
it would end up a little random, as, e.g., ^ is practically an instant
win, and, afaict, you must get either that or * to have any chance of
winning (unless you can combine digits, see below).  I guess there is
the potential for coalitions to make this more interesting and sort of
smooth out the competition.

I think that syntax errors should be refunded, as they may be the
result of typos.

There should be a better term than "operator", which does not include
numbers in normal usage.

Are multiple digits in a row allowed?  This should be clarified.  If
so, afaict sitting on numbers until you have any seven of them is a
strictly dominant strategy unless you get ^, so I don't think it
should be allowed.  It might be interesting if having a high score
conferred some advantage before actually winning (such as getting
better rolls?), so there would be a reason to spend operators rather
than sitting on them in general.