On Oct 26, 2014, at 10:51 PM, omd wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 9:38 PM, Tanner Swett <tannersw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Amend Rule 2160 "Deputisation" by appending the paragraph
>>
>>      A rule which purports to allow a person to specially deputise
>>      under particular circumstances thereby makes it POSSIBLE for the
>>      person to do so
>
> That's a weird formulation - a rule that says e CAN do it actually
> only means e CAN do it under certain conditions, and it's left
> implicit that special deputisation otherwise has the same effects as
> deputisation.  Maybe reword?

Yeah, I agree that the "CAN only sometimes means CAN" thing is a little weird.
I'll think about that phrasing. Do you have any suggestions there?

What I'm leaving implicit is that special deputisation *is* deputisation. But
maybe it shouldn't be, since we probably don't want special deputisation to
have the same effects as ordinary deputisation.

—the Warrigal