On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Alexis Hunt <aler...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't though through the consequences of this at all.
> Proposal: Agencies (AI=3)

What's the goal here? We already have an organization system that spans
seven rules and isn't well utilized. Why not amend that system to
include these mechanics?

> and by replacing:
>        a) A person (the initiator) announced intent to perform the
>           action, unambiguously and clearly specifying the action and
>           method(s) (including the value of N for each method), at
>           most fourteen days earlier, and (if the action depends on
>           objections or notice) at least 4 days earlier.
> with
>        a) A person (the initiator) announced intent to perform the
>           action, unambiguously and clearly specifying the action and
>           method(s) (including the value of N and/or T for each method), at
>           most fourteen days earlier.
>
>         b) If the action is to be performed With N Objections, With N Agoran
> Consent,
>             or With Notice, if the intent was announced at least 4 days
> earlier.

Here you've included 'with notice' which makes notice at minimum 4 days.
Later you attempt to have something happen with 24hour notice. For the
record we have things at a minimum speed of 4 days because most players
can't check in daily. It keeps the game playable for busier people and
less scammable-by-swiftness.

> Enact a new power-1 rule entitled "TLAs" that reads as follows:
>       An Agency is a document empowering persons to act on behalf of another
>       player. A player may establish an Agency With 24 hours Notice and
> thereby
>       become its Director by specifying the properties of the new Agency:
>             a) A title, which must be exactly three words, not counting
> conjunctions, articles,
>                 or prepositions.
>             b) A non-empty list of persons other than the Head (the
>                 Agents).
>             c) A description of a set of actions (the Powers).

By making b say 'persons' you're giving non-players the ability to act
on behalf of players.

>       The Powers of an Agency may only be stated as actions and, in
> particular, may not be
>       conditional on date, time, game state, or preconditions, except to the
> extent that they
>       are required for the action to be POSSIBLE. Except as allowed by this
> rule, any
>       conditions written in the Powers of an Agency are INEFFECTIVE without
> affecting
>       the overall validity of the Agency or its Powers.

I don't like this bit personally, but I should also note that it
probably won't work as intended because this rule is Power=1 and most
conditions are specified at higher powers.