An early proto of what became this economy included taxes, but I think it
was scraped because of the logistical overhead. Ideas I considered at the
time:

-A tax on players' wealth (wouldn't stop players from hording shinies in
orgs)
-A tax on organizations' wealth (would require weird budget balancing for
escrow orgs like AAaAA and AVM)
-Replacing expenditure with a monthly org fee that the org can raise from
its members however it chooses (relies on orgs being interesting enough for
people to join them)
-
​A monthly auction of valuable assets​ (relies on the assets being valuable
enough for people to buy them)