On Mon, 1 May 2017, Owen Jacobson wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2017, at 5:03 PM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus
> > I hereby request TWO consent to deputize for the Herald and award
> > Murphy the patent title, Dean-Continous of Agora, for being the
> > current player with the earliest registration date.
>
> I support this intention, if it is valid.
>
> I’m not sure it is, though: the rules only allow the Herald, not a random
> player
> who might one day be the Herald, to take the intended action. I’m not 100%
> clear
> on whether a player who cannot perform an action can effectively state an
> intention
> to perform that action in the hopes that they will be able to perform it
> later.

In general, it's possible to announce intent to do something (and gather
support/run out the objection clock) before you are in the position to do
it.  However, there may be nit-picky details from this clause:

>       a) A person (the initiator) announced intent to perform the
>          action, unambiguously and clearly specifying the action and
>          method(s) (including the value of N and/or T for each
>          method), at most fourteen days earlier.

"Unambigiously and clearly" is a strong standard for specification and extends
to method, so you might be required to specify exactly what will give you the
power; e.g.  "I intend, after becoming Herald, to..."