I'd prefer to try to make wages match time investment. Offices like
Referee don't seem to do much, whereas the ones I listed (such as
Secretary) seem like they have a ton of responsibilities. I thought of
this after noticing that my last report took several hours to prepare
(not that I'm complaining, see below). That's partly because I'm
really slow, and do it by hand, but other offices seem like they must
have elevated workloads too. That's why I called this "Fair Wages". I
do like your idea about making duties more attractive though. The
Promotor has immense influence over the proposal system, within some
limits, which makes the workload more fair. Perhaps other offices
could be given similar powers of their areas of the game.

-Aris