On Fri, 19 May 2017, Alex Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-05-19 at 15:50 -0400, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus
> wrote:
> > CFJ 3469 seems to have a typo in the statement. Is it standard that I
> > should judge it as written and DISMISS it or should I judge it as
> > intended.
>
> The main aim of CFJs is to resolve controversies. Thus, you should
> typically ensure that the judgement addresses the controversy the CFJ
> is about. You can then assign DISMISS as the actual judgement if the
> statement is meaningless. However, DISMISSing without an attempt to
> address the underlying issue is likely just to cause the CFJ to be re-
> called with corrected text.

A little more specifically:

You generally do something like "due to a technicality, the exact statement
judgement is DISMISS, so I judge DISMISS.  However, if the obvious correction
were made, I would have judged [whatever] for [reasons].

Then most people will accept that [whatever] for [reasons] is what guides
play, without needing a second CFJ.