On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 2:39 PM, omd <c.ome...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like it would be a good idea to point agoranomic.org at the
> new site.  Assuming you agree, whoever owns the GitHub organization,
> please add www.agoranomic.org as a custom domain in the GitHub
> settings and let me know, and I'll move the DNS over. :)

Er, except there's a small problem: I don't want to break list archive
URLs, and GitHub Pages doesn't seem to support any kind of wildcard
redirects.  I just changed the web interface from www.agoranomic.org
to mailman.agoranomic.org, so future URLs won't have this issue in any
case, but existing ones will.

I could mirror the entire archive into the Git repository, but that
would be 118,952 files and several GB…

Or perhaps, since the existing URLs point to www.agoranomic.org, we
could have agoranomic.org be the canonical GitHub Pages domain, and
www.agoranomic.org would redirect either to there or
mailman.agoranomic.org depending on whether the path start with
/cgi-bin.