On Sun, 2017-06-25 at 17:31 -0400, omd wrote:
> Do you object to systems that require (or at least strongly encourage)
> actions to be entered externally, but send automated messages to the
> lists reflecting them?  Requiring players to manually send messages in
> a parseable format is definitely also viable, but I like it somewhat
> less for various reasons, including the confusion caused if they get
> the format wrong.

I've been thinking about this, and I think my personal cutoff is, oddly
enough, the use of email (but not necessarily to the Agoran lists). I'd
be OK with this only if the external interface was used, or at least
usable, entirely via emailing messages to it and getting emailed

I'm not quite sure why this is, and not sure I want to rationalise it
by guessing at the reason.

--
ais523