> 1) Would you hate the fee less if it was accompanied by payout
>for successful proposals?

I'd still dislike it, because via being able to plan everything with Protos
anyways:

A- Making successful proposals net a profit, incentivizing to farm shinies
via it, not actually propose. We reward being a (tasteful) clever asshole
who finds a way to make a profit via systems in the rules. Putting in a
gear to churn shinies out of making proposals is a can of worms I don't
want to open.
B- Making successful proposals give a return of zero, in which case, why
the hell even have shinies in the first place if they can't do anything
else. And if we can do other stuff with shinies, why the hell have a system
that makes you pay them if you're going to get it back anyway.
C- Making successful proposals still net you a loss, in which case we're
back at the same problem (but a smaller version of it).

>2) If the fee remained, would you accept Without Objection instead
>of timed free pends?

Yeah. Although its easily subverted by someone (just one single person
would suffice) simply objecting to all proposals.