On Sun, 2017-07-02 at 18:30 +0200, omd wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 2:13 AM, Aris Merchant
> > Replace the text of Rule 2450 with the following:
> >
> > {{{
> >   A player SHALL NOT break eir own publicly-made pledges.
> >
> >   A pledge MAY be considered broken if the pledgor does not complete it in a
> >   timely manner after it becomes possible to do so. A pledge MAY be
> > considered
> >   broken at the moment the pledgor engages in conduct proscribed by that
> > pledge.
> > }}}
>
> This is totally broken; FOR

Rule 2125 actually makes it less broken than it looks (although it's
still fairly broken). AFAICT, it'd make it illegal to consider someone
to have broken a pledge unless they spent a week failing to complete
it, or else did something it explicitly proscribes. Given that
punishments are currently at the Referee's discretion, that's very
close to the effect you'd actually want, mostly by coincidence.

(It also has a ton of interesting side effects which might possibly
stretch even to a-d, although I guess you could plausibly claim you
were lying.)

--
ais523