On Sat, 2017-07-29 at 10:12 -0700, Ajay Kumar Raja wrote:

> I would like to register as a player.

Welcome to Agora!

On Jul 29, 2017, at 1:17 PM, Alex Smith <ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Welcome!
>
> Just as a note, you normally have to be quite precise with your
> language when taking actions in Agora (registration is an exception,
> which is why this (probably) works). Saying that you'd like to do an
> action isn't necessarily the same as actually doing it.

As a necessary consequence of that, it is socially acceptable, and expected,
that you will be direct when performing an action. It would not have been rude
or impolite to write “I register as a player,” rather than “I would like to
register as a player.”

That registration was almost certainly effective anyways, but when it comes
time to vote on proposals, be blunt and be bold.

-o