On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 7:24 PM, V.J Rada <vijar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope these are remotely meritorious. I remember some controversy about
> whether
> the overhaul rule violated 217, I don't agree that it does but I wish to
> put it to rest.
>
> I call a CFJ on "The rule change purporting to enact a rule entitled
> Economics
> Overhaul 2.0 is "wholly void and without effect" under rule 217, which
> prohibits any
> rule that would "prevent a person from initiating a formal process to resolve
> matters
> of controversy, in the reasonable expectation that the controversy will
> thereby be
> resolved"
>
> The new rule creates an obligation to pay 1 ap or some amount of shinies
> to pend
> any CFJ. While we know that a reasonable limit on how many CFJs may be
> called
> is legal (I think?), we're not sure if stopping anyone bereft of Shinies
> or APs is legal
> especially if APs and Shinies are also needed to do other game actions.

First, I'd suggest using AP or shinies to call these to ensure they're
successful. Secondly, you're excluding a third option. Any person who is
not a player can call a CFJ. That means that, regardless of how much AP or
how many shinies you have, it's always possible to call a CFJ. There should
be no violation of R217.​