On Thu, 24 Aug 2017, Nic Evans wrote:
> Instead of choosing between AP and Shinies, players can create CFJs and
> Pend proposals and automatically create Debts. As proposed, there's no
> upper limit on Debts. The downsides of debts are being locked out of
> stamps and auctions, and I'd add the agoraculture mechanism if that
> passes. This proposal also encourages (but doesn't require) the Arbitor
> and Promotor to note the Debts involved with their offices for convenience.

Hmm, we seem to have gotten rid of Payday - is that true or is it hiding?

If we have, I am AGAINST this until we ensure that the shiny flow is balanced
and doesn't require players to go into debt to basically participate.
In particular, I'm thinking about 天火狐's comment that a player who doesn't
officiate doesn't get anything.  For the "casual" (read: non-officer) player,
we shouldn't require going into debt to perform a limited number of weekly/
monthly actions.

A Welcome to new players shouldn't be "here's a starting purse, but once it's
gone, you need to be an officer or judge to keep playing".

But once this is included, this looks better than AP, because with AP and no
payday, new players are basically locked into AP instead of shinies and as 天火狐
notes, that depresses shiny spending.

Also:  don't forget to pay the Arbitor this time :).