Per Assets: "An asset generally CAN
<http://agoranomic.org/ruleset/#Rule2152> be destroyed by its owner by
announcement, subject to modification by its backing document."

On Sep 7, 2017 3:14 AM, "V.J Rada" <vijar...@gmail.com> wrote:

So we need to make that a CAN and add "a stamp they own". I don't have
AP but someone should make and pend that.

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Owen Jacobson <o...@grimoire.ca> wrote:

>> On Sep 7, 2017, at 4:06 AM, Alex Smith <ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 00:52 -0700, Gaelan Steele wrote:
>>> The reason I have seen is public now (I made an attempt). The events
>>> went down something like this, AFAIK:
>>
>> My reason was different, and I don't see any reason not to make it
>> public (other than wanting the last Secretary's report to self-ratify).
>>
>> Rule 2498, as far as I can tell, doesn't do anything other than
>> override rule 2471 due to outpowering it, by making it legal to attempt
>> to make or cash in a Stamp. It doesn't actually give any ability or
>> mechanism to do so. (Rule 2152 is clear that MAY means that performing
>> the action is not a rules violation, but doesn't have any opinion on
>> whether the action is possible or not; rule 2125 makes it impossible,
>> as it modifies recordkeepor information, without a rule specifically
>> making it possible.)
>
> Since I always get this wrong, I might as well ask it now:
>
> Is this grouping meaningfully incorrect?
>
> * MUST NOT, MAY NOT, SHALL NOT, ILLEGAL, PROHIBITED, NEED NOT, OPTIONAL,
MAY, MUST, SHALL, REQUIRED, and MANDATORY refer to the card-legality of an
action, for lack of a better name for the concept: they don’t constrain,
but they do define the bounds of what will draw a penalty.

> * CANNOT, IMPOSSIBLE, INEFFECTIVE, INVALID, and CAN refer to the
platonic-legality of an action: they constrain the possible actions, and
the possible states the game may visit.

> * SHOULD NOT, DISCOURAGED, DEPRECATED, SHOULD, ENCOURAGED, and
RECOMMENDED advise additional consideration before undertaking an action.

> I always get MAY and CAN crossed up, but if MAY is about penalties and
CAN is about possibilities, that would be much easier for me to remember.