Adoption index: 2.0
Author: Aris
Co-authors: G.

[Note to the Assessor: please resolve after "Float On".]

[It is my belief that the current floating value problem was primarily caused
by the Secretary only being able to set the floating value correctly. This
erases certainty, as any flaw in the Secretary's report likely invalidates all
rule-defined transactions until the flaw is discovered unless the switch
self-ratifies. The probability of deliberate abuse by the secretary is small,
the probability of error is large.]

If the proposal "Float On" been adopted: {
Amend Rule 2497, "Floating Value", by changing its first paragraph to read:

  Floating Value is a natural singleton switch, tracked by the Secretary.

Amend Rule 2456, "The Secretary", by changing the paragraph "As part of the
Secretary's weekly duties, e CAN and SHALL flip the Floating Value to the
number of Shinies owned by Agora. E SHOULD do this while publishing eir
weekly report." to read as follows:

  The Secretary CAN flip the floating value once a week by announcement. As part
  of eir weekly duties, e SHALL flip the Floating Value to the number of Shinies
  owned by Agora; e SHALL NOT ever set it to a different value.
  E SHOULD do this while publishing eir weekly report. If the Secretary
  discovers that e last flipped the floating value to an incorrect value and e
  would not otherwise be able to set it again yet, e CAN and SHALL set the value
  to what it should have been set to in the first place by announcement.

} Otherwise, if the proposal "Float On" has been resolved, but not adopted: {
Amend Rule 2497, "Floating Value", by changing it to read in full:

  Floating Value is a natural singleton switch, tracked by the Secretary.

  The Secretary CAN flip the floating value once a week by announcement. As part
  of eir weekly duties, e SHALL flip the Floating Value to the number of Shinies
  owned by Agora; e SHALL NOT ever set it to a different value. E SHOULD do
  this while publishing eir weekly report. If the Secretary discovers that e
  last flipped the floating value to an incorrect value and e would not
  otherwise be able to set it again yet, e CAN and SHALL set the value to what
  it should have been set to in the first place by announcement.

} Otherwise: {
  Glare pointedly at the Assessor.
  std::abort();
}