On reflection, I think we're fine.  I'm going to wait for comments,
but then I'll file a Motion and add the following to my judgement:

The way the Duel is written, "remit" could mean just "quit" but
also "return the funds" (two very different meanings of the word
"remit").  So it's a perfectly valid reading to say that the first
person is supposed to pay the second person to enter the Duel, and
the second person forfeits by "remitting" the payment to the first
person.

Given that there's two valid alternate readings, and that "pay"
requires an explicit recipient, it's too confusing to be explicitly
specified.

"Spend" on the other hand, defers us directly to common definitions
So "spend" explicitly refers us to common definitions (and doesn't
have a double-reading or explicitly require a recipient).