On Tue, 28 Nov 2017, VJ Rada wrote:
> The Gazette is not self-ratifying and CFJ ID numbers are not required. The
> only consequence of that failure is that we now have an informal opinion
> that the Door cannot be Slammed, not a CFJ stating as such.

Before CFJs were paid for, it used to be a bit of tradition if a CFJ was
later found to be not-called, for the Caller/Arbitor to call it
again and either assign it to the same person, or the Arbitor to just
assign it to emself and cut/paste the result even if e disagreed.

(of course since CFJs were always free there wasn't a "game reason"
not to do this in the name of expediently resolving the controversy).