On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 2:31 PM, pokes <po...@botnoise.org> wrote:

>> Welcome (back I believe) to Agora!
>>
>> -Aris
>

> I'm completely fresh, so excuse a few bumps on the way to my getting up to
> speed.

You're a BlogNomic player, aren't you? That would explain it. I
remembered reading your username somewhere, and I thought it was the
Agoran mailing list archives.

>> Welcome!
>>
>> I transfer 150 bills to pokes.
>

> Thanks! But how would one find out what bills are?

They are the current unofficial curreny system. We have an actual
economy, based around a currency called shinies, but it's pretty
broken right now (constantly running out of supply to pay people, no
one has a reason to spend which leads to hoarding, etc.). A major
economic reform proposal is in development, but it's taking a while to
work out the details. Bills are a replacement currency, operating on a
shiny standard (you know, like the gold standard) that had been
defined by contract. If you go to the a-o (Agora-official, aka. OFF)
archives, and look at the most recent Notary's weekly report, there's
a contract called The Agoran Credit Union. It contains further
details.

-Aris