actually, crap. If there's no Assessor, then unless only one person runs for
the office, there will be no way to resolve it.

Can I make a request that people who wish to become the new Assessor don't just
make themselves a candidate, and instead negotiate it out so there's only one
candidate? Otherwise, we'll have to fix this by proposal (by either electing
via proposal or changing the rule), and that would be a hassle.