TTttDF

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: DIS: PAoAM v5: "Probably should be v4.1" edition
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 09:04:00 -0800
From: Edward Murphy <emurph...@zoho.com>
To: Reuben Staley <reuben.sta...@gmail.com>

        [ PART V: Replace shinies. ]

        [ TODO: Actually do this part. I'm not sure what value coins should
            even have, so please help me. ]

    Given how much the current system has fluctuated, I wouldn't even
    necessarily worry about this part, just reset everyone to a level
    playing field and be done with it. Going back to that earlier bit:

Don't worry about how much things cost? I don't understand how that is an efficient strategy.

Oh, replace shiny /costs/, gotcha. Thought you meant replace current
shiny holdings. Maybe start it out at 1:1 and then have it adjust
upward/downward based on supply and demand, similar to Floating Value
or quorum?

        Amend rule 2599 "Welcome Packages"

    (2499, btw)

        by replacing the second paragraph with:

               When a player receives a Welcome Package, Agora creates the
               following assets in eir possession:

               1. 20 coins
               2. 5 lumber
               3. 5 stones
               4. 10 apples
               5. 3 papers

        Make all players eligable to recieve Welcome Packages.

    Replace that last part with "Give a Welcome Package to each player".

Actually, there are several members who haven't claimed a welcome package yet. Giving everyone a welcome package right off the bat would allow some of us to claim welcome packages twice. That's clearly not an ideal situation. What is already there actually works better in this situation.

I was thinking "all previously existing welcome packages would be
destroyed", but what if they were already largely spent? Anyway, what's
most appropriate depends on the details of the rest of the proposal.