Sure that works too.  I just think CAN is way overloaded so I prefer
very distinct redirections with distinct names, but that's a style
thing.  Regardless, main point is that you need to amend R2466.

Impossible versus Illegal is a distinction common to boardgames, though
it's not often recognized linguistically - it's the difference between
"you can't play that card so just put it back in your hand" and "you
can't peek at my cards but oops you did it anyway - penalty."