I realise I'm a relatively new player and don't have much of an informed
opinion on anything, but to throw in my tuppenceworth, I like the idea of G.'s
suggestions below. Uncoupling PAoaM from other parts of the game (paper and
incense) means people who don't like it can ignore it and work towards
different win conditions, and introducing a win condition specifically for
PAoaM creates a "lightning rod" like Corona described, to prevent one person
dominating.

I would also include refineries in the list of things to remove. I think there
are good uses for an official Agoran currency, but having it producible through
this one subgame seems wildly unbalanced. It feels like coins existed
beforehand as a core game mechanic and were inexpertly grandfathered into
PAoaM. (I admit I can't be bothered to look through the archives to check
whether that's the case.)

I would prefer to keep reforming/tweaking instead of repealing PAoaM, because
the resource management aspect is genuinely fun in itself despite the
implementation issues, but even if we agree to repeal it altogether, the
current proposal goes too far. Like V.J. Rada said, zombies, auctions and coins
don't seem to be causing many problems in themselves (at least now that zombies
have been nerfed).

Since you ask, I'm not currently experiencing Treasuror burnout, but I've only
been doing it for two weeks so that doesn't mean a great deal for its long-term
viability.

-twg
​​