I understand and agree with your logic (and, incidentally, would find it
hilarious if this made me guilty of Masterminding Being a Bad Space Captain),
but I have a brief question that occurred to me yesterday about Rule 2519,
which says:

      A person gives consent (syn. consents) to an action when e, acting
      as emself, publicly states that e agrees to the action.

This seems to imply that it is possible for someone to act on behalf of someone
else to "publicly state" something, and explicitly excludes that ability. This
is almost the same as the language used in the Ribbons rule ("publicly
acknowledged the fact [that it is Agora's Birthday]").

Does this mean that the "acting as emself" clause in R2519 is simply
unnecessary? Or is "stating" something different from "sending a message that
states" something?

-twg