:/

On 2/2/19 5:38 PM, Timon Walshe-Grey wrote:
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

I resolve Space Battle 0004 as follows:

Telnaior spent 2 Energy (private communication), so eir Energy decreases from
20 to 18.
Trigon spent 10 Energy (public announcement), so eir Energy decreases from 20
to 10.

Therefore:
Telnaior's Spaceship's Armour decreases from 1 to 0 (it is Defeated).
Trigon's Spaceship's Armour decreases from 10 to 8.

Trigon's Spaceship's Armour decreased by more than Telnaior's Spaceship's
Armour did, and therefore Telnaior is the winner. Sorry Trigon.

I submit the following proposal:

Title: Spaaace Loophole #493
Adoption index: 1.0
Author: twg
Co-authors: Telnaior

Amend Rule 2591, "Spaceships", by changing the text "Armour (an
integer switch limited to values from 0 to 10 inclusive)" to "Armour
(an integer switch limited to values less than or equal to 10)" and
by changing the text 'A Spaceship with an Armour of 0 is "Defeated"'
to 'A Spaceship with an Armour of 0 or less is "Defeated"'.

[There are other ways to patch this, but I feel this is more elegant.
  If anybody else prefers a different solution, feel free to propose
  it.]

-violent space warmonger