On Mon, 2019-02-04 at 23:09 +0000, ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-02-04 at 23:05 +0000, David Seeber wrote:
> > Actually it was a good friend of mine who is a sort of board game
> > nerd. He has a little nomic which he plays with a few friends and
> > invited me to join in. Whilst checking out what nomics actually
> > are,
> > I found the Wikipedia page, which talks about Agora being the
> > biggest
> > nomic still running. And I thought, Hey... Why not?
>
> Theory: the fact that Agora and BlogNomic are by far the longest-
> lasting nomics is connected to the fact that they're the only ones
> referenced from Wikipedia. (That said, the causality may be reversed,
> i.e. they may have been referenced from Wikipedia due to being long-
> lived rather than vice versa.)

Further theory after rereading the Wikipedia article: most nomics last
a sufficiently short time that they're dead before they're mentioned,
so only long-time active nomics get a chance at being linked in a non-
defunct state. (There are plenty of nomics mentioned but they're nearly
all dead, so I didn't mentally count them.)

--
ais523