Title: Dependent Action Cleanup Act
Author: D Margaux
Co-author: Gaelan
AI: 3

Amend Rule 1728 to replace its entire text with the following:

{

(a) The following methods of taking actions are known as "dependent
actions" (N is 1 unless otherwise specified):

   1. Without N Objections, where N is a positive integer no greater
      than 8 ("Without Objection" is shorthand for this method with
      N = 1);

   2. With N Support, where N is a positive integer ("With
      Support" is shorthand for this method with N = 1);

   3. With N Agoran Consent, where N is an integer multiple of 0.1
      with a minimum of 1;

   4. With Notice; or

   5. With T Notice, where T is a time period.

(b) A rule that purports to allow a person (the performer) to perform
an action by a set of one or more dependent actions defined above in
section (a) thereby allows em to perform the action by announcement if
all of the following are true:

   1. A person (the initiator) published an announcement of intent to
       perform the action within the 14 days preceding the action;

   2. The initiator published an announcement of intent to perform
       the action between 4 and 14 days preceding the action, if
       the action is to be performed Without N Objections, With N
       Agoran Consent, or With Notice;

   3. The initiator published an announcement of intent to perform
       the action between T and 14 days preceding the action,
       if the action is to be performed With T Notice;

   4. Any announcement of intent relied upon to meet any
       applicable requirements of paragraphs (b)(1), (b)(2), or
       (b)(3) unambiguously, clearly, conspicuously, and without
       obfuscation specified the action intended to be taken
       and method(s) to be used (including the value of
       N and/or T for each method);

   5. At least one of the following is true:

         A. The performer is the initiator;

         B. The initiator was authorized to perform the action
            due to holding a rule-defined position now held by the
            performer; or

         C. The initiator is authorized to perform the action,
            the action depends on support, the performer has
            supported the intent, and the rule authorizing the
            performance does not explicitly prohibit supporters from
            performing it,

    6.  Agora is Satisfied with the announced intent, as defined
         by other rules; and

    7. The conditions are met, if any conditions were stated in
        the announcement of intent relied upon to meet any
        applicable requirements of paragraphs (b)(1), (b)(2), or
        (b)(3).

(c) The actor SHOULD publish a list of supporters if the action
depends on support, and a list of objectors if it depends on
objections.

}